"Stop14" will be presented at our Neighborhood Planning Assembly meeting on Wed. May 25th, 6:45pm, Robert Miller Rec Ctr., 130 Gosse Court (old armory). City Council endorsed the pre-developmet agreement with a vote of 12-1-1.
A residents group, Coalition for Livable City (CLC), has scrutinized the details, and are warning residents to pay attention because taxpayers are being asked to bond for it, the Planning Commission is being asked to increase the zoning height limit from 35 ft to 105ft for this development (spot zoning), the City is being asked to pay for infrastructure that will be privately owned, and more. This is the first of 5 NPA presentations that will take place in the city in the next month.
For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/Stop-the-14-Story-Mall-1711935382377782/ . Here are maps, discussion of key issues, and announcements of city meetings like the Planning Commission meeting on Tuesday May 24 at the DPW on Pine Street, 6:30 p.m. The residents group has organized a city-wide flyer distribution in anticipation of a vote on the TIF bond in August.
- Social Time and Snacks
- Ground-rules, introductions, announcements, and requests.
- Nominations and Elections for Steering Committee
- Open Forum/Resident Speak-Out
- Orphanage Re-development Update, Eric Farrell [5-10 minute presentation/update and 15-20 minute Q&A]
- CLC ("Coalition for Livable Community") Presentation Concerning Downtown Mall Development, Steve Goodkind [5-10 minute presentation, 15-20 minute Q&A]
- Elected and Appointed Officials