JUNE 21, 1011 AGENDA -- *WATCH ONLINE : http://www.cctv.org/node/107622
6:45 Sign in, greet neighbors and city officials.
7:00 Welcome people at home, Introductions, Announcements, Agenda, Ground Rules.
7:05 Business: Nomination of Youth Member, Ward 4 and Ward 7; July program open; August BBQ.
7:10: Open Discussion with elected and appointed officials [There will be no presentations. We are reserving all the time for discussion with our elected and appointed officials.]
- Budget - Mayor says City Council MUST approve budget on June 20 -- what if they don't?
- Infrastructure - broken pipes, street conditions, stormwater issues, washed out culverts, flooding, erosion, sink holes, water quality, beach use, boating, bikepath broken up....
- Moran Project - changes from Oct report, current expenses, negotiations with tenants.
- Petitions: Recall of Mayor - citizen initiative, 20% of voters, not in 1st year; Impeachment power of City Council, at any time.
- June 28 Special Election (BED bond and HQ contract).
- Finishing of Miller Space for lease.
- Redesign of Stanbury / Staniford / Appletree bikepath intersection.
- Tracy Drive petitions DPW for traffic calming.
- Thayer Commons housing, parking on neighborhood streets.
- Redistricting, single member districts.
- Budget Summit next year, sponsored by All-Wards NPA in April.
8:25 Reflections:Thoughts/ideas that came up during Assembly.
We heard from:
- People who live up high, along Leddy Park, flooded after developer started dewatering property above them.
- A vet home from Afghanistan fears for the safety of children on his street [Tracy Drive] if the city doesn't do something.
- A woman who foresees problems with overflow parking from the Thayer project that could change the safety and character of her Poirier Place neighborhood.
- And many, many people who asked questions about the smart meters and the special election on Tuesday, June 28.