- Reports from elected and appointed officials, including update from Redistricting Team [Paul Decelles, Jim Holway, Jason L'Ecuyer, Helen Hossley, George Gamache, and Mannie Lionni] on Re-D Committee process and first meeting (March 19?). Discussion of relevant Re-D issues will take place when they are raised by the committee.
- Al Waegner will bring a multi-media presentation of local residents' proposal to purchase Burlington Telecom and run it as a customer-owned co-op.
- Marcy Krumbine, CEDO, Assistant Director for Community Development, will ask residents for approval of the city's 5 yr plan for allocation of HUD funds, investing federal tax dollars in decent housing, better economic opportunities, and a suitable living environment. We have requested a spreadsheet of the proposed allocations for distribution at the meeting.
- We will also have a presentation from Nate Wildfire, CEDO, Assistant Director of Economic Development, about the process to receive public input on investment of TIF dollars in the Waterfront and Downtown Public Investment district. On our part, we are asking Nate to help organizing a business alliance in the NorthEnd, with focus on cottage industries, telecommuters, and small busienss entrepreneurs. Similar to the way the SouthEnd links business to the arts, we imagine linking local business with our parks, beaches, and other recreational opportunities. A goal of the alliance could be tu use siugnage and maps to create connectivity between the bike path, parks and amenities along North Avenue.
- Business includes electing George Gamache and Dakota Casserly to the Ward 4 Steering Committee, and Mannie Lionni to the Ward 7 Steering Committee.
Our goal is to bring the people involved in these projects to you so you can meet them personally, ask questions, talk with them after the meeting, and request more information or follow-up in any way you wish.
6:45 Sign in, GREET NEIGHBORS AND CITY OFFICIALS
7:00 WELCOME. INTRODUCTIONS and ANNOUNCEMENTS, AGENDA, GROUND RULES.
7:05 BUSINESS: Nominations - George Gamache (W4), Dakota Casserly (W4), Mannie Lionni (W7) to Steering Committee.
*OPEN FORUM will be part of each item on the agenda, with opportunity at the end of the evening for anyone to speak out on other issues.
7:10 REPORTS FROM ELECTED AND APPOINTED OFFICIALS
7:40 Al Wagner - Burlington Telecom co-op
7:50 Nate Wildfire – CEDO, Assistant Director of Economic Development- To explain the process including the Request for Concepts. The deadline for concept submissions is April 4.
8:00 Marcy Krumbine – CEDO, Assistant Director for Community Development – talk about CDBG funding
8:10 Jason L'Ecuyer (W7), Helen Hossley (7), Mannie Lionni (7), Jim Holway (W4), George Gamache (W4). Redistricting Team. Where are we, how are we moving forward?
8:50 Wrap Up with Speak Out